About.Me

Friday, April 8, 2011

Week one with the Xoom

Last week I purchased my first tablet. No it wasn't an Ipad, but I did consider one. Last Friday I walked into my local Costco and a few minutes later walked out with a WiFi Motorola Xoom. This isn't my first attempt at having a portable computer that was not a laptop. I've also owned two different Sony ultra portables. While good the battery life and working with a mouse or stylus never went well. Anyway on to the xoom.
Things I like:
Battery Life
SwiftKey Beta
Pulse Newsreader
Flash
Instant on computing

Things I don't like.:
Not a lot of apps
Force closes
My daughter wanting to play Angry Birds

I overall satisfied with the entire tablet experience. Android Honeycomb is a great Os. I think it will really grow to be the best operating system for this type of device. I really see a lot of potential for learning and teaching on this platform. As I explore the uses more I will definitely keep you updated.

It is nice being able to post right from the web without using an app.